Are you looking for a hands-on Leadership role in Software?
If yes, we’d love to hear from you and discuss a long-term and mutually beneficial future with ETL Systems!
Due to continued growth and further investment, we want to expand our Software division. Joining a small, proactive and multi-disciplined team, you will play a part role in the following:
- To provide technical leadership of software development at ETL.
- To support the design and development of new product ranges.
- To manage technical documentation and bug reporting and inspire colleagues.
- Working as part of the Engineering Software team, reporting to the Engineering manager and in collaboration with other members of the Engineering management team.
- You will be in close liaison with other departments, including a principal software architect and take on technical and management responsibilities.
- Hands-on design and development of embedded software for a range of different products and processor ranges.
- Technically lead the delivery of multiple complex software development projects from design through to release,
- Working closely with other members of the Engineering team to produce accurate delivery estimates throughout the transition from analysis to design and delivery.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to the Engineering management team.
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risk and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards.
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination of seamless implementation of existing and new products.
- Contributing to post-implementation , helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects.
- Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques which will be beneficial to the business.
- Ensure that technical documentation relating to the software elements of a product is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with technical support of the company products both internally and externally.
- Identify areas for improvement in requirements and feedback to stakeholders.
- Commit to continuous improvement of self, team and ETL.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may be reasonably expected by the department manager.
- Degree in Engineering with embedded software element.
- Experience in writing embedded software on a range different platforms e.g, PIC, iMX6, Linux.
- C programming for embedded systems both under Linux and Bare metal.
- TCP/IP, UDP, Socket programming
- Modern software practice
- Continues Intergration – automated build and test
- Inspiring leader mentor and effective communicator
- Ability to estimate and met software development timescales
- Strong planning, problem solving and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of team and on own initiative
- Innovative and solutioning engineering leader
- Ability to mentor and direct team members
- Flexible and adaptable to fast paced multi project environment
- Up to 2 days working from home** (Managers Discretion)
- Early start & finish time**
- Relocation support**
- VISA sponsorship*
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Continuous Insights programme to support career progression
- Modern and Healthy working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Healthy Bodies Scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free fruit, Tea, Coffee & Hot Chocolate
- Free annual eye test
- Free flu vaccinations
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site free parking
- Future us – £1000 employee referral scheme
- Annual bonus scheme**
- Staff events & activities
Salary offered: Negotiable on applicant experience and qualification level.
When applying, you will be asked to confirm your salary expectations, which will be considered during the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.