Development Fabrication Engineer – Job Summary:
We’re supporting our client, a leading equipment manufacturer based in Ledbury, who are looking for a Development Fabrication Engineer to join their growing team. The successful Development Fabrication Engineer will have previous experience within a machining, welding, fabrication or manufacturing facility.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
Job Type: Permanent
Job Start date: ASAP
* The Development Fabrication Engineer will observe the Company’s Safety Policy and arrangements at all times. Where safety equipment has been issued or safety guards/mechanisms have been provided, they must always be used. Breaches of the safety rules lead to accidents, personal injury and delays to production.
* Ensure that thoroughly conversant with the requirements/details of any job before commencement.
* Will at all times pay particular attention to detail in accordance with the appropriate drawings. Tolerances can sometimes be extremely fine, and deviations will result in spoilt work or reduced safety margins.
* The Development Fabrication Engineer will ensure that always has appropriate materials for that particular job.
* Will work to the Design Engineer’s instructions, and where applicable use their knowledge and experience to improve/enhance the development program.
* Must work within the Company’s procedures at all times to ensure that quality standards are maintained.
* The Development Fabrication Engineer will be expected to work on own initiative, reading drawings, use precision instruments, assist in problem solving, and be able to perform any necessary machining operations.
* Where machines have been used, will always clean down the essential parts when finished. Will ensure that any machine worked on is switched off after use and left in good running order.
* The Development Fabrication Engineer will assist as necessary with the moving, loading and unloading of materials and completed products.
* The Development Fabrication Engineer will be expected to construct or assist in the construction of appropriate test equipment as required to meet current standards and other test criteria. Expected to monitor these tests and record where necessary any pertinent test data and anomalies.
* The Development Fabrication Engineer will be prepared, if necessary, to undergo travel both in the UK and abroad for product installation, maintenance and training.
* Ensure that own working area is kept in a tidy condition, as a disorganised and untidy work area can lead to accidents.
* The Development Fabrication Engineer should ensure that all equipment supplied for his use in completing his work is in a safe condition, if not, he should bring the matter to the attention of the Office Manager.
* Carry out any other ancillary duties as requested. Staff will not be asked to perform ‘extra’ tasks unreasonably, but a measure of flexibility is expected of all.
* Supporting the engineering departments projects with prototypes.
* Testing designs with Jigs and Test Rigs
* Reading Drawings and turning them into working models
* Maintain a tidy and positive working environment.
* Reading Engineering Drawings
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to work with Metal, Wood and Plastics
* Ability to prioritise tasks and to quickly learn and absorb new and challenging tasks
* Willingness to learn and adapt new skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your full CV – or call us now. Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
Willcox Matthews Recruitment Ltd acts an employment business for permanent and contract roles. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Willcox Matthews Ltd may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Willcox Matthews providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.
We take your application seriously and we make every effort to respond to all applicants.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.